Sunday, March 11, 2018

Time Springs Eternal LO

     Hello! I'm back with a layout using some older Bo Bunny collections, (Trail Mix and the Avenues) combined with some masking, stamping, and embossing.




     I was inspired by the colors and natural elements in the mood board used for the  February Time ChallengeMixed Media & Art



     It also gave me the perfect opportunity to play with my Prima Rust Pastes, which I masked, applied to the brads, some stamping, and to the chipboard "time". 


     
     The background was masked with some LSG sprays, also used to color the stamped butterflies, and a couple of the flowers. Then I used the Ranger Mini Birch Stencil with Prima's Heavy White Gesso, behind an actual piece of bark. 
     


     
     I popped up this alarm clock that I stamped with Ranger's Jet Black Archival Ink, and applied some touches of the rust paste to. Then I covered the face with Glossy Accents. 



   
     The majority of the stamping was done with the Prima Finnabair Rust & Dust Stamp, including the odometers that I stamped onto the leftover packaging from my Petaloo flowers, with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink applied to the edges.
     


     The clock below was embossed with LSG Midnight Copper EP, also used on the edges of the fussy cut clocks on top. To create moss, I used some stipple brushes with Distress Embossing Powders (Brushed Corduroy, Peeled Paint, and Shabby Shutters), applied in that order, along the bottom and right side of my page.  
     



     I framed my page with some fibers, colored with the same sprays, and anchored with some rusty brads.
     


     Finally I made the doors with paper from Bo Bunny's the Avenues, and stamped a keyhole on the right. The doors were placed onto black cardstock with the edges embossed with Distress Embossing Powder (Peeled Paint and Shabby Shutters).



     And to Get In On the Action over at Frilly and Funkie,  I made the doors open to this photo.



     Thanks for looking!

*****************************
Challenges Entered:







4 comments:

  1. Those DOORS!!!!!!
    Just the tiny details on the rest of the page had me in their grip...till U opened those AWESOME DOORS !!!
    I'm firmly deciding to stay inside there, now. The vision is NOT going to leave my head & is morphing into an idea, but it won't surpass how LOVELY this is!!!
    Truth!!!
    ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyla couldn't have said it any better in her comment above! This page is so inspiring filled with so many creative and captivating details! And I love the idea of the door that opens (squeal!) to reveal that secret forest! You have certainly gotten into the action! thank you for sharing this beauty with us at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs! Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those doors! Love, love, love the way you made them open to reveal the photo. So many amazing details here! Thanks so much for "getting in on the action" at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so pleased to see your lovely layout in our Top Picks at Frilly and Funkie! So well deserved! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete