Monday, November 27, 2017

Cyber Monday Mixed Media Page ~ FotoBella DT

     Cyber Monday is finally here, which means deals and sales are to be found everywhere online today, including at FotoBella.com! So I created another page in my art journal to mark the occasion, using some mixed media for the FotoBella Design Team.



     There's lots of layers on the background, starting with some torn book pages that I gathered from some of my Bo Bunny Ephemera Packages. Over that I applied a coat of Prima Marketing's Heavy White Gesso, letting it dry, before adding some background stamping using Prima's Salvage District Clock Stamp with Ranger's Jet Black Archival Ink. Then I applied Prima Marketing's Black Gesso to the Tim Holtz Dot Fade Stencil with one of my Bo Bunny Palette Knives. I used some large alpha stencils with white gesso to spell SALE, and then sprayed my page with Candied Apple Distress Spray Stain. Then I masked "Cyber Monday" with White Linen Dylusions Paint, and used Brushed Pewter Distress Spray Stain with my fingers to rub over some of the dots. To deepen the red of the title, I used a paintbrush to apply another coat of the Candied Apple Distress Spray Stain.



     I used a punch to make the tags, stamping SALE with Candied Apple Distress Ink, and inking the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink. I also used the Candied Apple Distress Ink to highlight today's date on the mini calendar that I printed out for November, and to stamp more texture with Bo Bunny's Rough It Up Stamp.




     To make the FotoBella girl, I simply traced her from one of my Clear Storage Boxes for Bundles, and used those pieces with some cardstock to piece her back together. Again I used Candied Apple Distress Ink to make her shirt, adding some dimension to her earring and bracelets with White Opal Liquid Pearls.


   
     I hope I've inspired you today to not only scrap, but to shop for all of those deals, especially at FotoBella.com!

********************************
Challenges:

1 comment:

  1. Great idea for creative journal page!! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations challenge, elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete