Monday, March 20, 2017

Hello, Spring ~ FotoBella DT

     Today is officially the first day of Spring, bringing warmer temperatures and new growth. Since I'm fairly new to Distress Crayons, I decided to play with them again in my art journal, using Bo Bunny's Secret Garden Ephemera, Noteworthy, and Chipboard from FotoBella.com.


     
     From the Ephemera, I tore some strips from the book page, inking the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink using my Blending Tool. Then I stamped over them and the background with Prima Marketing's Garden Fable Stamp using Ranger's Jet Black Archival Ink. After a few spritzes of Antique Linen Distress Spray Stain, I went over everything with a coat of Prima Marketing's Clear Gesso to prime it for the Distress Crayons



     
     From Set #1, I used Picked Raspberry and Twisted Citron, from Set #2, Chipped Sapphire, Peeled Paint, and Seedless Preserves, and from Set #3, Antique Linen and Black Soot. Some areas along the right didn't blend so well, but could'v been from not enough gesso. So I used a baby wipe to lighten up some of my colors, and to rub through Tim Holtz' Blossom Stencil. 



      The patterned paper in the middle comes in Bo Bunny's Secret Garden Ephemera. I tore along the edges, and went over them with Black Soot Distress Crayon, blending it with my fingers. Then I added the glittery bird and Hello, Spring banner from the Noteworthy.



     Finally I added the Chipboard strip of grass, next to the grasshopper that I colored with my Distress Crayons! 




     Stop by FotoBella.com for these supplies and more! Thanks for looking!

********************************
Challenges









2 comments:

  1. So eye catching - the colors are beautiful, Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your project is awesome. I love the colour palette you've used. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at OLL challenges Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete