Tuesday, February 28, 2017

"Time for Tea" at Try it on Tuesday ~ Guest Designer

     I was so excited and honored to make top 5 for the first challenge (A Tissue Challenge) of the year at Try it on Tuesday! I love their blog and always find so much inspiration there! So of course I accepted when I was invited to be a Guest Designer for them. As soon as I found out the theme was "Time for Tea" I knew I was going to make something for my mom who's a tea lover, unlike her coffee loving daughter. Lol!



     I started the background with some sprays, and applied White Prima Gesso to the bottom half with the Tim Holtz "Lace" Stencil.  Once dry, I sprayed it again randomly using the Tim Holtz "Splatters" Stencil, even over the gesso, Then I used the "Lace" Stencil again to lightly apply White Linen Dylusions Paint. After everything was completely dry, I stamped over the top half with my new Prima Marketing Salvage District #2 Stamp, and embossed and fussy-cut the rest with some old ones.



     I was actually lucky enough to receive boxes and bags full of stamps and scrapping supplies from my husband's co worker awhile ago, and the teacup and flower stamps were among them. It was my first time using them, stamped with Ranger's Jet Black Archival Ink, and colored with Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays (Cathedral Pines Green, Witch's Potion Purple, and Afternoon Delight Denim) and Distress Spray Stains (Wilted Violet and Brushed Pewter) using a paintbrush. Then I gave the teacup a coat of Tim Holtz Distress Collage Medium Crazing, which produced this beautiful antiqued porcelain effect, which I also used on the clocks. After fussy-cutting it, I popped it up over a strip of sheer ribbon.



     All of the embossing was done with Ranger's Silver Embossing Powder, and the clocks were paper-pieced with strands of pearls going through them.


 
   
    Then I distressed and machined stitched the edges, and hand-stitched the butterfly antennae using a metallic silver thread.




     Says "Tea Time" to me! I'd love to see your take over at Try it on Tuesday! Thanks again for having me!!

Challenges:



      

9 comments:

  1. Wow Andrea, so beautiful piece! Thanks for being our GD over at Try it on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a beautiful project, I think your mom will love it. Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer at TioT's for this theme.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous design Drea! Love the beautiful teacup and the pocelain effect you've made on it. All the details and colours are fantastic too!
    Thank you for being our Guest Designer for this challenge. Mar x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andrea, I love this and I'm sure your Mom will too.
    Love the wonderful textures and images and a gorgeous colour.
    Lovely to have you join us as our GD at TioT
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card and I'm sure your Mom will treasure it. Thanks for being our GD this month on TIOT.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a stunning creation, the design is fabulous and I just love the colour. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Ooh La La and good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This really is so beautiful! Great to have you as our GD at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a creative and stunning card! I love your use of textures and your depth of colours. Great entry into our current OLL challenge. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful with wonderful colours and images..thank you for being our guest designer at TIOT for this challenge

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete