Wednesday, November 16, 2016

National Button Day ~ FotoBella DT

     Happy National Button Day! It was founded by the National Button Society in 1938, as a celebration of all who enjoyed collecting and crafting with buttons. Being a former seamstress, I've been collecting buttons for much longer than I've been scrapping, and have many boxes and jars that also include ones that I've inherited over the years. But that doesn't stop me from buying new ones, and Bo Bunny ones are my favorite! So I created this page featuring Bo Bunny's Christmas Collage Papers to showcase these festive Buttons, in addition to some included in the Ephemera.



     I stitched all of my buttons, along with the sides of this page, and around these adorable photos of my son when he was just 3 years old. The doilies were masked with Bo Bunny's White Gesso, and the yellow one done with Prima's Lace Doily #3 Stencil.



     The edges of the Holly Jolly piece from the Noteworthy, were inked with Picket Fence Distress Ink, and popped up with the Chipboard flourish peeking out beneath it.




     Then I used Abandoned Coral Distress Ink along the sides of my page, and edges of my title tag, which I finished with a Brad.




     Thanks for looking, and click here to shop for more buttons from FotoBella! 


No comments:

Post a Comment