Saturday, February 27, 2016

Celtic Thank You Card ~ Red Rubber Designs DT

     Happy weekend! I just got done using the Celtic Images stamp, from Red Rubber Designs, to make this St. Patrick's Day/Thank You card for my Sister and Irish Brother-in-law. Hopefully they're not reading this, as I haven't sent it out yet. Lol!



     My design inspiration came from this beautiful sketch # 139 @ Feeling Sketchy!


   

     And my color inspiration came from this gorgeous color combo for the Feb. Inspirational Card Challenge @ Scrapbook.com. 



     I started by spritzing and smooshing some sprays and Distress Inks onto white cardstock, for the Splatter, Spritz, and Smoosh Challenge @ Stamps and Stencils. Then I embossed the Celtic cross, Thank You, and edges of the card and tag, with Lindy's Stamp Gang (Queen Sheba's Silver) embossing powder. The four leaf clovers were stamped with Giverney Green Palette Ink and colored with Distress Ink (Lucky Clover). For a little sparkle, I applied a Wink Of Stella (Clear) to them, along with the cross.

     Half of the rose was sprayed, then covered with Eucalyptus Stickles, which I also used randomly on the background. After making the pleat in the corner, by wetting it first with water, which I also did for the edges, I added some machine stitching using two different greens. Then I sprinkled the card with some buttons, using different colors of threads to attach them.




     After some more spritzing and smooshing to make the tag, I added a silver eyelet, and tied it off with some green ribbons.



**********************************************


Challenges:




Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of your weekend! 




6 comments:

  1. Lovely card. Love the greens and the stamping. Thanks for playing along with us at Feeling Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card you made and I like how you take our sketch :-)) Fantastic job!
    Thank you for entering at Feeling Sketchy this time! Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Drea - I love your card. It looks so pretty with all those shades of green and the lovely celtic cross in the middle. Thanks for playing along at Feeling Sketchy this time.
    Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how absolutely beautiful! How DREAMY! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Drea, the subtle shades of green are beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Drea, this is just lovely! What an awesome green wonder! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Stamps & Stencils. <3 Autumn PS. I'm drooling over your gorgeous blog background! WOW!

    ReplyDelete