Monday, June 1, 2015

Mammoth Cave Heritage 2 Pager

    I did some more work on my sister-in-law's album with this 2 pager I made with these fabulous, old photos!



     I kept it neutral, starting with the stone and wood papers from KaiserCraft. To make the trees in the background, I used my Cricut Expression (Serenade cartridge) to cut them out in different sizes. I masked them with some mists onto cream cardstock, and went over them with some Distress Inks. Then I used the negative part to stencil them again with brown inks.


   
   
     I tore and water distressed the paper edges, machine stitching them down. Along the bottom I added some cheesecloth that I had already aged with some mists and reinkers. I stamped the title and date, and added the handmade flowers which I had leftover from a previous project. To give it a personal touch, I added buttons to the flower centers, which  I inherited from my husband's late grandmother. She's the beautiful one posing by the car!


I'm entering this into the Monochromatic Challenge at Frilly and Funkie. Thanks for stopping by!



3 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! This is so sweet! Absolutely love the photos and the beautiful layout! We love to visit Mammoth Cave! Your photos are fascinating! I love the sweet touch with the button flower centers. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous project, love the flower ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vintage photo's! Great layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Frilly and Funkie.

    ReplyDelete