Thursday, March 19, 2015

Inspirational #212 ~ Green With Envy

     Come and join me this week @ Red Rubber Inspirationals, where I'm hosting this week's stamping challenge with Inspirational #212! Green with envy is the theme, so make any creation with green as the main color, and upload by March 25th. Here's the birthday card that I made for my dad, and my example for this challenge.



     I started by stamping the large image (Charming Forest) onto some cream cardstock with a linen texture, and then colored it with watercolors. It's been YEARS since I've used watercolors, and it was so much fun! I'll definitely be using them again soon, as I also used them to color the moose and deer, using the Majestic Mountain stamp set, and for the trees, using the Mountain Scenery stamp set, from Red Rubber Designs. The grass was embossed, and then I machine-stitched under it, along with the border of the large image. All of the edges of my stamping are distressed, which is the twist for the other stamping challenge that I host here.  To the background I applied some gesso, mists, and cheesecloth, finishing off my card with the wood button, that once belonged to my late great grandmother.



Thanks for your visit! Have a wonderful day!



No comments:

Post a Comment