Thursday, June 5, 2014

Inspirational #123 Red Rubber Designs DT

    Father's Day is right around the corner and this weeks Inspirational #123, hosted by Kendra, is the perfect opportunity to get your Father's Day cards made! If you haven't had a chance to play yet, come check our Red Rubber Inspirationals, a weekly stamping challenge. I made this card for my husband.



    I stamped the Ancient Map Background onto kraft cardstock using  Burnt Umber Palette Ink. Then I spritzed it with Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays (Treasure Island Aqua and Clam Bake Beige), and Perfect Pearls Mist (Turquoise). Then I used some Distress Inks (Vintage Photo and Brushed Corduroy) to give it some more depth. I used the same colors, along with Gathered Twigs to mask the circles on the top left using the Well Rounded stencil from The Crafters Workshop. I also masked the compass on top of the grid that I stamped using Vintage Background.



   The rest of the stamping was embossed using Lindy's Stamp Gang Embossing Powder (Midnight Copper), which I also used on the brad and coin, which started out gold. I used Contemporary Greetings for the sentiment, So Splattered for the splatters, and Background Soup for the edges of the card.


Thanks for looking!



No comments:

Post a Comment