Thursday, May 15, 2014

Inspirational #120 ~ May Flowers Red Rubber Designs DT

     Your's truly is hosting again this week with Inspirational #120 for Red Rubber Inspirationals. May flowers is the theme and all you have to do is stamp a flower. Here's the sample card that I made.



     I started with some white cardstock, Distress Inks, and water, to make the background using Designer Diamonds. I tore and distressed the outer edges and around the diamond in the middle, stamping my flowers coming out from there using Place in my Heart stamp set with Palette Inks (Orangerie, Bordeaux, Sunflower, Landscape, and Chartreuse).



  I used the same colors, minus the greens, to stamp the border of diamond frames going across using Victorian Embellishments. I added some ribbons, hand-stitching in two different colors, and stamped happy birthday using Celebrate Tags.


     All of the colors were inspired by the May Card Challenge @ Scrapbook.com to use this color palette. I stuck to it pretty closely, other than the green.



Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. Totally love how you think out of the box. The opening in the center of the card is so kewl. Your color choices and the clear buttons really make this a masterwork

    ReplyDelete