Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Carefree

    Even though it's only a half hour away, I really miss living in Truckee, CA, where I was in this photo, on one of my favorite hiking trails overlooking Donner Lake. Due to health issues, I haven't been there since, but I'm hoping to before this Summer. So I guess in a way, it's my inspiration to motivate me to do what I need to get up that mountain again.



    Unfortunately, I missed the deadline for last weeks Mojo Monday @ Flying Unicorn, but used this beautiful sketch by Alda anyway.



    The colors in the photo were just right for the May Four Categories Challenge @ Scrapbook.com, to use magenta and army green, which I just LOVE together! I did the twist of stamping on the ivy leaves, the date on the frame, and the large alcohol ink flowers, with the green pearls in the centers. The rest of the stamping was embossed with white, like the other large pink flower, the chicken wire, and the script and butterfly on the background.



    I made the frame out of  matte board and painted it in three different colors to give it a more distressed look. Then I tore the edges to make another frame from the skewed center of  my Prima Firefly paper. I also used a Prima mask around that frame, spraying it with some Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays and Glimmer Mist. The title was also masked using the Cargo Stencil from Tim Holtz. It felt really good to use up some of my old Felt Fusion, from Queen & Co. (fall green), which I cut up and lightly inked with Forest Moss Distress Ink! I finished up the page with white machine stitching around my distressed edges.



Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. Praying your health issues are overcome and that you may be on your "trail" again soon. Thank you for sharing this layout. I just love seeing the detail you put into each one. The flowers are so pretty and that white butterfly behind the top page in the corner - just wow

    ReplyDelete