Thursday, April 17, 2014

Inspirational #116: Back to Nature

      We're getting back to nature this week at Red Rubber Inspirationals, with Inspirational  #116, hosted by yours truly!  I made this scenic card with lots of  water distressing, misting, inking, hand stitching, and of course stamping. 


 

   I was inspired by sketch #4 used for the April Card Sketch Challenge @ Scrapbook. com. 



   I started by misting the kraft cardstock with a trash bag to create texture in the background. Then I stamped the trees and grass using Tree Silhouettes and Mountain Scenery with Palette Inks (Jardin Moss and Burnt Sienna). The bear image was stamped using Something Marvelous, and colored in with Distress Inks and watercolor pencils. The flower was a leftover from my stash of homemade flowers, and I added a brown pearl to it.


Thanks for looking! I'd love to see how you get back to nature, and hope you'll join us at Red Rubber Inspirationals!



No comments:

Post a Comment