Thursday, March 6, 2014

Inspirational #110 ~ Stamp your own background

Happy Thursday! It's time for another stamping challenge at Red Rubber Inspirationals, with Inspirational #110, hosted by Kendra, to stamp your own background. Here's the sample that I scrapped of my little sister, when she lived in Hawaii.


I used the Hemingway Collection for all of  the papers, except for an old piece of Basic Grey paper that's right behind the photo. I started by stamping the background with the For Everything Stamp Set using Palette Inks (burnt umber and burnt sienna). Then I stamped the fern frond and colored it in with Prisma markers using two different colors. The tag came in the paper collection, which I stamped using speckle background. The pineapple was cut out of the same background paper with my Cricut Expression, using the Life is a beach cartridge, and a mix of inks. I also stamped the title, which is the twist this month for the stamping challenge that I host @ Scrapbook.com, using the alpha-hip stamp set and Palette Ink (cote d'azure).



I misted the background a little with Glimmer Mist (jack frost), and then used inks for the water marks using the Well Rounded stencil from The Crafter's Workshop. As soon as I saw the round tag in the collection I thought of a coaster, so I hid the hole under the photo.  I also added some burlap which I fringed the edges of, to give it a more Hawaiian feel. 


Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a fancy layout, and I like your background. Super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how you manipulated the paper into the beautiful waves.
    I'm also knocked out with the background you created. I am going to have to get those stamps and I'm looking at stamps that I never would have known what to do with before seeing your wonderful creations.

    ReplyDelete