Thursday, February 20, 2014

Inspirational #108 ~ Get Extra Inky

I'm just LOVING all of the stamps from Red Rubber Designs, and even if you haven't tried them yet, you can still play along in our weekly stamping challenges! This week I'm hosting with Inspirational #108, to get extra inky by using at least 2 different inks on the same stamp. I scrapped this photo of my little Sister Irene on a recent trip to Canada. She looks so cute wearing a beanie, so I had to use her family nickname for the title (Reenie Beanie).

I used the So Splattered stamp set with 2 colors of Palette Ink (Claret and Cote d'Azure). This is one of my favorite stamp sets and I know I'll get good use out of it! For the ring of circles I used the Lotsa Dotsa stamp set using a Q-tip to apply 3 different inks onto the stamp. I made the flowers using my Tattered and Torn Flower Tutorial. But before tearing my flowers I applied Distress Inks (picked raspberry, peacock feathers, and pumice stone) onto white cardstock and splashed it with some water and sea salt. It's very faint but if you look near the bottom left side of the frame you can see some coffee rings that I left with real coffee and my coffee mug for the Play with your food Challenge @ Flying Unicorn. The buttons on here I inherited from my Grandma and Great Grandma. 

All of the colors on this page were inspired by the color challenge at Lindy's Stamp Gang. The paper right under the pink matted photo was made with gesso and a stencil, and then sprayed with a couple of  Lindy sprays (Tibetan Poppy Teal) and (Bougainvillea Fuchsia).I also used those to spray the chipboard frame and the  background of the snowflake paper along with Clam Bake Beige

Here's a closer look at the small flower and gesso work. 


TFL!


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful layout, Drea. So embellished and "finished" looking. I bet your sister loves it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this Drea! I love the color & textures.You added lot's of great detail!

    ReplyDelete