Friday, November 22, 2013

Boca Dam

   Hello scrappers! I'm sure you're all glad that the weekend is finally here. I've been fighting a pretty bad cold, but finally finished up this page that's been sitting on my scrap table all week. I used some old Bo bunny papers (Gypsy, Olivia, and Beautiful life) to scrap these photos of Boca Dam in Truckee, CA.


   I used bonus sketch A from the Monthly Sketch Challenge @ Scrapbook.com


   I made the umbrella from the Gypsy paper, adding stickles, bling, and stitching to it. It was so fun to make!


   The background was created with gesso onto kraft paper. I applied it with an old credit card and then used a comb to create the wavy lines. After it dried I used some mists over it (Lindy's Stamp gang ~ Tibetan Poppy Teal, Glimmer Mists ~ bahama blue and it's brown, and Perfect Pearls Mist ~ turquoise). It's kinda hard to tell in the photo, but in real life it's really sparkly and shimmery. I really love the teal/brown color combo, making this my entry for the Nov. 4 Categories Challenge @ Scrapbook.com for Category 2, to use these colors with the twist of some sparkle.
   I hand stitched the edges and stamped the large flower with the brown button. After stamping the petals, I used Prisma markers to color it in and then used stickles on the darker teal.

Have a fabulous weekend, and thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment