Monday, October 7, 2013

I heart fall

Anyone that knows me, knows that fall is my favorite time of year! So I scrapped this photo of myself standing on my balcony from last fall.

The tree in the background didn't come out that good, but I thought the colors went perfectly with the October Design Seeds Challenge @ Scrapbook.com. I just LOVE this gorgeous color combo and was instantly inspired when I saw it!

I also took inspiration from this sketch for week 1 from the Monthly Sketch Challenge also from Scrapbook.com.

This whole LO started with a sheet of white cardstock, which I splattered with some Distress Re-inkers. Then I used some Distress ink pads and my blending tool to go over the whole page. Once I was satisfied with the colors, I stamped the leaves using 2 different stamps and 3 different brown inks.

I cut the circle with my Cricut Expression and added some trim to the inside, leaving the outside free for some frankenstein stitches that I sewed by hand, making this my example for the Sewing Challenge that I host.I used a stencil and some mustard colored gesso to make the leaves along the right side of the photo.  

For the title I used this wooden tag that I got years ago from (Puppet).Thanks Krista! I added the Tim Holtz heart chipboard , which I brushed with some frayed burlap Distress Ink, along with the I. Then I added a sunflower to the tag and a couple of ribbons.Fall was stamped and embossed using Distress embossing ink (vintage photo).

Thanks for looking! 
Drea


No comments:

Post a Comment