Saturday, August 10, 2013

I heart this kit! BOAF August Reveal

Happy Saturday! I'm really excited to show you what I've been doing with the awesome August Kit at BOAF! For this first page I scrapped some very old photos taken at Disneyland in CA. The top photo is me and my little sister, and the bottom one is of my Mom and Grandpa.

I was inspired by this first sketch from Page Drafts. I started with this cute cloud paper from Simple Stories "I heart summer" collection, part of the extra pp's you can buy here. I stamped the grid along the right with a Prima stamp. The circle banner is a Glitz peekaboo that I cut in half and applied with Glossy Accents.Then I lightly went over the thickers that come in the main kit with white ink.

Even though it's kinda subtle, I used white Pebbles Inc.chalk on the black cardstock background, and on the chalk tape that I used for part of the title to mimic clouds. I used a white pen to make the stripes on the yellow cardstock and for the Disneyland title. I continued the lines of the striped paper along the bottom with hand stitching in the same colors. I also used my twisted stitching to stitch around my photos. 

For this next page, I scrapped this photo of my little sister all grown up from the Disneyland page, being silly in Ireland.

I was so happy to finally use my new Martha Stewart punch that I've had for a few months now, on this flamingo Bazzill Basics cardstock that you can buy here. I was inspired by the second to the last July Pagemaps. I used my own doilies and mixed them with the Simple Stories pp's. I used a Pebbles pocket card to make my title using the Lily Bee alpha stickers from the May Kit! I just love those!!

I couldn't have made this page without the pin, surfboard, ice cream, and heart balloon stickers that you can buy with the extras here. They were just perfect for this photo! I finished it off by hand stitching a circle around the photo using white embroidery thread.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment