Thursday, August 1, 2013

Everlasting Love

I just LOVE this old photo of my grandparents, and decided to use it as my example for the monthly Stamping Challenge that I host at Scrapbook.com. My Grandma recently passed away, but I'm comforted with the thought of her being with my Grandpa again. I love and miss them both SO much!!

I started with some Kaisercraft papers and misted a doily stencil on the top left
.
I fussy cut some of the flowers, wetting them and letting them air dry to give them a little dimension. I stamped the diamond grid under the flowers and the frame along the top right of the photo. I did the twist for the month of stamping around my photo. I stamped a border with brown ink and then filled in the dots with a light pink marker.

The large flower was also stamped, and for the center I used a vintage button that once belonged to my Great Grandma, which was my Grandma's mom. I love how well it goes with her outfit! I finished it off with a few more flowers and my title, part of which is a rub-on (LOVE). Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment