Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Published in Scrap n' Art Magazine

I'm so happy to finally share this page with you that I created months ago! It's my first published work for Scrap n' Art Magazine that appeared in the March issue for the theme "going green".
I scrapped this photo of me and my little sister, taken on St. Patrick's Day 2012. I made the diamond grid by masking some diamond shapes that I cut out with my Cricut.I used Gesso and Glimmer mists and added hand stitching in gold thread. Then I added the light green pearls, which I've had forever.
 I  love recycling whenever I can, so I made all of the shamrocks out of brown paper bags. I painted them, cut them, and finished them off with gold paint around the edges. The gold coins I've also had forever. I also recycled some old tissue paper behind the photo.
I love the Graphic 45 papers and tag, which completed the whole green theme!
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment