Thursday, May 9, 2013

BOAF May Kit Reveal

As always, the May Kit at Birds of a Feather is wonderfully put together!! I was especially drawn to the wood grain papers by Simple Stories "Vintage Bliss" collection, and love how it matches the wood fence in the photo.
I'm always drawing inspiration from my photos, which gave me the idea for the hand stitched grid, which just happens to be the twist for the May Sewing Challenge that I host at Scapbook.com. All of the beautiful embellishments come in the kit except for the shells that I used. I also added my own Glimmer Mist to the background paper, and a touch of  gesso on the wood grain paper.
For my 2nd layout I was ready to start scrapping a different photo, when I happened to see this one on my cousin's Facebook post. I was so excited by how perfect the colors and patterns went together with the kit, that I scrapped this instead.
Looking at this photo I thought of a picnic at the park with a nice, comfy quilt on the grass, which resulted in this design. All of the stitching was stamped. I used some of the stickers and chipboard on the bottom right, which come in the kit extras.
The blue bow by American Crafts was the perfect accessory here!!
Thanks for looking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment