Monday, April 15, 2013

Spring Blooms ~ The Paper Mixing Bowl April Reveal

   Spring is in the air over at the Paper Mixing Bowl with the April recipe for ambrosia salad. I mixed Heidi Swap "Vintage Chic" and Basic Grey "Porcelain" papers. I started by tearing strips from my background paper and then water distressed  the edges. Once it dried, I masked the floral branches, which I cut with my Cricut "Home Decor" cartridge.
Here's the recipe and how I used it:
Utensils:
*Singing in the rain (music pp behind the photo and in the banner)
*May flowers
*Signs of spring (bird, flowers, and branches)
*Nesting material (my torn strips)
*Masking (the branches)

Directions:
I used spring in my title.

Here's a close-up of the masking and banner.


The chipboard bird was a RAK from Funtoolas which I covered in paper, stickles, and inks. The branch was embossed with Ranger black soot distress embossing powder.I finished it off with the black eye that  I made with puffy paint.
I used a mix of flowers, but none that were handmade. I believe the yellow and pink flowers were also a RAK from Funtoolas.
Thanks for your visit!
Drea

2 comments:

  1. I really like your page... the torn strips make for such a unique background

    ReplyDelete