Saturday, April 20, 2013

BOAF April Kit Reveal

Here's a couple more LO's from me using the BOAF April Kit. For the first one, I used My Mind's Eye "Collectable Collection" and the brown cardstock that came in the extras.
This was based off of the April Sketch Challenge here.
The banner was made using Cosmo Cricket "honky tonk" chipboard banner alphas and the rope that came in the kit. The buttons were from my own stash.
I stamped the title and did a lot of machine stitching. I made the pinwheels using this tutorial. I just distressed the edges first.

For my next LO I found the PERFECT photo of my nephew Neo to go with  Echo Park's "All about a boy" Collection. I started by cutting apart and distressing the star pattern on the Superhero paper that comes with the extra patterned paper. To get the blue background I sprayed Chalkboard Glimmer Mist "Cornflower" onto the blue cardstock, which both came in the extras.Then I did some machine stitching using different colors of thread.
I used the extra stickers to make the banner. It originally read TOUGH, so I kept the U and T and just used circles to cover up the other letters, making new ones with my Cricut.
I painted the circle wood veneers that come in the kit white, and stamped and embossed all the white flourishes to mimic the splash in the photo.

This was a really fun page to work on! Thanks so much for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Drea, love the sketch and how you distressed the edges of your paper. Love the banner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your starburst page... going to add it to my scraplift idea file.

    ReplyDelete