Thursday, February 14, 2013

Sew Crafty

   Happy Valentine's Day!!!I just came across this old photo of myself while going through my Grandma's old photos. I lucked out and found all kinds of neat pictures, which I already scanned and saved on my computer. Among other things I was most excited about getting my Grandma's button collection, to add to the other vintage buttons that I inherited from my other Grandma and my Great Grandma. I had to use them right away and thought this photo and new line from Basic Grey (Lucille) would work well together.
I'm entering this into the 4 Categories Challenge at Scrapbook.com for category 1 to use buttons and to stitch them down for the twist. Here's a close-up of some of the buttons and these cute little patterns that I've had for awhile now.
I used a Prima mask and gesso on the background. The flowers were all handmade and leftovers I had from other projects. The pink ones were made using my Tattered and Torn Flower Tutorial. The blue roses were made using Gabrielle Pollaco's 3D Rose tutorial. I also got the white lace trim from my Grandma. I machine stitched the blue background paper and hand-stitched the red zig zag on the photo.
Thanks so much for looking!
Drea

1 comment: