Saturday, December 1, 2012

Holiday Magic~The Paper Mixing Bowl

It's reveal time again for the design team at the Paper Mixing Bowl! If you haven't checked it out yet, you should come take a look and join in the fun! We've just added 7 new talented designers to the team, and I'm looking forward to working with them. The December challenge is up and we are scrap cooking some Christmas Pudding, using the main ingredients for a bowl full of cherries (red, snow white, and evergreen). Here's my take, using photos of my son when he was just 4 years old.
Here's the recipe.
These are the utensils I used:
*Stick a bow on it-On my ornaments
*Use metallic elements- I used silver as an accent
*Stamping/embossing-I embossed the edges of the tops of my ornaments, and stamped and embossed my son's name and the year.
*Buttons, baubles, and bells (oh my)- I got buttons and baubles, but no bells. (Oh well)

Directions:
I journaled about a favorite holiday tradition, using the journalling prompts magic and tradition.

I did a lot of stitching on here, using red, green, and white for the twist this month for the December Sewing Challenge that I host @ Scrapbook.com.The outside border was hand-stitched using my twisted stitching technique, which in my opinion looks the best using red and white embroidery thread to mimic a candy cane.The rest of the stitching was done by machine, including my tree, which I topped with a masked star, using distress ink and stickles for some sparkle. 
I have lots of Christmas projects I'm currently working on, and can't wait to share them with you! Have a fabulous weekend!!! 

2 comments:

  1. So delightful and full of Christmas magic! Love all the details especially the pieced and sewn tree~ Thank you for your sweet comments on my Scraps of Elegance projects and for hopping along with us~ Renea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love that tree that you made on your layout. And the use of the red and white twine is brilliant! Great layout, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete