Monday, December 31, 2012

Hawaii Mini Album

   Before the new year starts, I wanted to share this mini album I made for my sister Irene, and her boyfriend John. John's back home visiting family in Ireland, so wasn't able to see this yet. Merry belated Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family! If it wasn't for you John, I'd probably still be pestering Irene for these photos. Lol!
   I made this album from their recent trip to Hawaii from brown paper bags, using rafia to bind it. Here's the cover.
Here's the first 2 pages. I used my Cricut (Life is a beach) cartridge to make the lettering, bamboo, and palm tree. I used real sand and glue to cover the island.
Pages 3 and 4. Using the same cartridge, I cut the palm fronds.
Pages 4 and 5.
Pages 6 and 7. Thanks to Flying Unicorn for the white flowers! I won them from a challenge there a few months ago.
Pages 8 and 9. I was at this same beach when I was just 14. I can't wait to go back with my husband!
Pages 10 and 11.
A close-up of the tiki masks I cut with my Cricut. Also using (Life is a beach) cartridge.
Pages 12 and 13. More Cricut cut outs.
I made the flowers using my Serenity Blooms Tutorial. I just inked the orange onto white paper first.
Pages 14 and 15.
Pages 16 and 17.
The end! Have a safe and Happy New Year's Eve!!!

3 comments:

  1. oh wow, this is an amazing gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love following your work, your like me I got caught up in mini album gifts, but I didn't get pictures. Your so sweet Happy new year and thank you for your inspiration. I can't wait to see what the new year brings us. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic book, gorgeous:) happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete