Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Color Room #116

I was so happy to play in the Color Room again, since it's been such a long time! I loved this weeks color  palette, and used a photo that I took at the Monterey Aquarium of some sand dollars. I've also been missing the beach and the smell of the ocean!
Here's the color palette.
I was even inspired by the sketch, even though I took it in a different direction. I started by inking the background to look like water using distress inks.Then I cut the sand dollars using my Cricut, (Life's a beach cartridge using the border function) and applied gesso to create texture. I misted it and used distress inks with my blending tool, before adding rock candy distress stickles. It was a process, but well worth it in the end.
Here's a close-up of the beads I scattered along the bottom.I also used the Prima packaging that the white flowers came in, to make the doily peaking out under the photo.
Thanks again for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment