Friday, March 23, 2012

Nothing can compare to Paris

   Nothing can compare to Paris! That's what my French title translates to in English. I  knew that these photos that my late Uncle took in 1974, would be perfect for a couple of March challenges at Scrapbook.com. The first one, Distressed in March, had some tutorials to choose from for a twist, including my Enchanted love blooms, but I chose the ruffled flower border found here.  http://www.scrapality.com/2012/02/using-flowers-to-create-ruffled-border.html I made the flowers using my new French script stamp on the petals. The rest of the flowers I found in my stash, including the dark roses, which I made some time ago. I did a lot of water distressing and machine sewing on here.
   The second challenge, Feeling French, gave us a list of French items to include, and we had to use at least 3. 
 I chose an Eiffel tower, which I cut with my Cricut, (Summer in Paris cartridge) French word or phrase, (My title), a fleur de lis, (the pp), and lace, which I sprayed with Cranberry Glimmer Mist. I added silver hooks to my paper to create the lacing. I stamped the Can-can girls, pink flower, ticket, and french script on the flowers and pink paper behind the Eiffel tower.
Here's some close-ups.


Thanks for looking!Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. beautiful design! I love the flowers peaking out from the paper and your lacing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great page , love the colour and layers, Yes paris is close to my heart too :)

    ReplyDelete