Thursday, December 29, 2011

Gingerbread House

I made this Gingerbread house full of photos of my mom's grandchildren for Christmas. She cried when she got it. I found this cute shadow box at the Thrift store for just 69 cents. It just screamed gingerbread house, so I used Christmas photos from 2010 and 2009.


Here's what I started out with.



The first thing I did was to paint the whole house brown. I then used American Crafts Merrymint collection for my pp. I cut out all the candies and treats and then applied Glossy Accents to them. On some of the candies I used glitter over the Glossy Accents.



For the roof shingles, I cut out brown circles and outlined them with white puffy paint. I also used the puffy paint to represent the icing all over the house.



The door opens up to reveal more Christmas photos.




I had so much fun working on this, but the true joy was seeing the look on my mom's face when she got it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Andrea! You are sooooo creative! Love what you did with this. Where did you get the house?

    ReplyDelete