Wednesday, October 12, 2011

"Have yourself a cozy little Christmas"

This is my adorable nephew Neo from last Christmas Eve. I made this for the Snowy Owl challenge at Scrapbook.com. We had to make it 75% white and 25% black and another color. I choose aqua. We had to have at least 5 layers and use a quote. I'm not sure if I used enough white but love the way it came out anyway. I used clear embossing powder on white cardstock to make the snowflake border using my Martha Stewart Stamp around the page stamps. I then went over it using my blending tool and black soot distress ink.I stamped the calendar and made the white bling. For the large snowflake I painted the chipboard white and glued diamond dust on top. The bottom snowflake was cut with my Cricut (baby it's cold outside) and the top little snowflake was punched. I then applied frosted lace stickles to them and layered them between the chipboard. Finally I added a small aqua pearl on top.TFL!
Here's a close-up of the snowflake.

2 comments:

  1. This is so very beautiful! Your white bling looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so, so splendidly pretty! I love the serene, cool blue palette and those terrific snowflakes! (The little calendar page is a great touch, too!)

    Big hugs!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete