Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Color Room Palette #73

Hello! I couldn't wait to play with these gorgeous colors from the Color Room! I love the rich, warm hues, contrasting with the cool white. Here's palette #73.
Here's my take.
I made the flowers myself. I used Lisa Gregory's Swirly Hibiscus flower tutorial which you can find here.
http://what-a-beautiful-mess.blogspot.com/2011/03/swirly-hibiscus-flower-tutorial.html
I don't have the tattered die that she used, so I used a flower from my Cricut Mother's Day cartridge and took my scissors to the  petals, tattering them myself. I also used a different die for the centers and added a green pearl.  For the color I used scarlet and harvest orange Glimmer Mists. TFL!

2 comments:

  1. This page is so wonderfully lovely. I adore your (very life like!) blooms and terrific layering.

    Big hugs & joyful long weekend wishes,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Andrea!! These are beautiful!! See what happens when you take inspiration from somewhere and put your own style into it??
    Your very own creation!! I love the layout and the photo of you! Very pretty! Thank you so much for the shout out!!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete