Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Water Lily Mother's Day Card ~ Red Rubber Designs DT

     I was so excited to try my first digital stamp from Pickled Potpourri Designs, which is the digital side of Red Rubber Designs! It was super fast and easy to print out the Water Lily stamp onto white cardstock, and lots of fun to color it in with Distress Inks and some sparkle with Wink of Stella. To the water background I added Eucalyptus Stickles for even more sparkle!



     My design inspiration came from this beautiful sketch #5 used for this month's Card Challenge @ Scrapbook.com.



     The wood strips and background were created with gesso, sprays, paints, and stencils. Then I followed some of the lines of the grid with my sewing machine. To the main image I hand-stitched a circle, adding some ribbon and green fiber along the bottom.



     
     Then I added my stamped Beautiful Butterflies, which I also colored with Distress Inks, fussy-cutting and layering them together. For the sentiment I used Contemporary Greetings, which has a great variety of sentiments to cover the major holidays throughout the year, as well as birthday and sympathy. 


Thanks for looking! 

************************************



Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Blog ~ Butterfly Beauty

Try it on Tuesday ~ Mood Board ( I took my inspiration from the water and lily)


4 comments:

  1. Just beautiful ! Thank you for joining TioT's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card, and the colours fit our challenge perfectly.
    Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a remarkable job on this card! I absolutely love the color combination-- not just the colors, but the shades and blending that you did. The blue wood grain is FANTASTIC! And I love the incorporation of stitching. This is a feast for the eyes and I'm so glad you shared it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO beautiful! I love the colours you have used and the fabulous images! Thank You for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete